TransformAsia’s Vision Trips
VISION TRIP 2019 IS WAITING FOR YOU
What is a Vision Trip?
Vision Trips are specifically designed for you to experience and see first-hand the Cambodian culture, as well as the many needs of the men, women and children in many areas of that country. You will also see the various ministry sites of TransformAsia (TA) around Cambodia. The vision of TA is to rescue, care for, and provide physical needs, as well as to teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ, and provide them with education. We pray that they grow into people who can help spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and contribute to the rebuilding of the infrastructure of Cambodia.
We hope that after your Vision Trip experience, you will return home with a new understanding and compassion to embrace the TransformAsia vision for Cambodia. It is our hope that every man, woman and child experience God’s love and saving grace for their lives, and achieve a real recognition of the many solutions required to establish that vision. We need partners like you to commit to working alongside us as we seek appropriate global solutions to the needs of the Cambodian people.
If God has put a seed in your heart to serve Him by serving the people of Cambodia, please join one of our Vision Trips. You will see what God is doing there and really find out how you can become a part of this awesome ministry! If you are not sure what God is calling you to do, we hope you can be part of a Vision Trip. The number of people we can take on a trip is limited and the spots fill pretty quickly. So we trust that you will get in touch with us and reserve your place as soon as possible. We would love to show you around Cambodia and the various ministries of TransformAsia.
If you want to form your church or small group would like to form a team of 10 or more we would be willing to fit you into our schedule. Please contact us for more information about bringing your own team!
Preliminary Travel Schedules
- Team arrives in Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia.
- Check in at the Midland Hotel ($25-$35/room for 2 people).
- Worship at Light of Grace Church (TransformAsia Ministry) in the morning.
- Visit the Genocidal Museum and the Killing Fields, the rest of the day.
- Return to Midland Hotel.
- Visit the Joy Day Care Center (Ministry to kids from 2 to 5 years old) from the Phnom Penh Dump.
- Travel on National Road 5 to visit the New Development Center (Women’s Center) in Kampong Chhnang (2 ½ hours drive). Spend the rest of the day with the TA staff and the girls that have been rescued from the street life style.
- Check in to a local guesthouse (small hotel) equipped with air-conditioning ($15-$20/room for 2 people).
- Visit with girls at the New Development Center for a few hours before we travel to Battambang (4-5 hour drive).
- Check in at the local hotel ($25/room for 2 people).
- Visit the Battambang Trade School. Visit with the girls as they learn how to sew, make glass jewelry, or learn basic computer skills.
- Join the Street Children’s Ministry (pick them up from the streets, help bathe them, feed them, and get involved in the activities scheduled for them).
- Overnight in Battambang again.
- Travel to the Children’s Feeding Center in Kambour Village (2 ½ hours drive on a good road, plus 16km on a more difficult road). This feeding center helps care for abandoned children and children in dire need.
- Continue journey to Siem Riep, where the ancient Angkor Wat is located, one of the 7 Wonders of the World.
- Check into hotel for the night.
- Travel north to Anlong Veng to visit the David Orphanage Center (2 hour drive).
- You will get involved in the children’s daily activities such as playing ball and learning English. The highlight for those visiting these children is the evening devotions with them. You’ll love to hear them sing of God’s love!
- Rest one night in Anlong Veng ($20/room for 2 people).
- Travel back to Siem Riep.
- Check in at local hotel.
- Visit Angkor Wat and other ruins from 5BC to the 12th century.
- Team departs Siem Riep, Cambodia to return home.
Cost involved in the Vision Trips:
1. Teams should cover their own round trip tickets from the United States, Canada or Europe, plus a suggested donation of $300/each, to TransformAsia to further the ministry.
2. Teams are required to pay for food and lodging for the TA staff as they accompany you around the country.
Here are the costs when you are on the ground in Cambodia:
- Transportation: $50/day for mini bus, plus fuel ($10/person)
- Food: $15/day per person (will feed the drivers and TA staff as well)
- Drink and snacks: $3/day per person
- Hotel/guesthouse: $10-$20/day per person
- Miscellaneous: $30/person for the entire trip
- Suggested tip for driver and supporting staff: Minimum $50/each
Teams should bring casual clothing for warm climate. Shorts are not appropriate when visiting Angkor Wat and other ruins.